Visual Facilitation Boot Camp!
Designed for team leaders, trainers, meeting facilitators and organizational change agents with a strong understanding of traditional facilitation methods, this practical workshop introduces participants to visual tools and methods that will enhance their work with teams and meeting participants. This is a hands-on workshop designed to take you from “I can’t draw” to “I’m a visual facilitator” in 2 days.
This course offers an introduction to graphic recording (also known as “scribing” or live visual note taking) as one tool in the visual facilitator’s toolkit. Participants are also introduced to designing visual templates to support group collaboration, preparing engaging posters for sharing information with groups, making favorite facilitation activities more visual, and much more. No previous drawing experience is required! Participation is limited to 12 students to ensure everyone receives plenty of practice and coaching. Every participant receives a visual facilitation starter kit worth more than $100 that includes everything you need to get started with visual facilitation, including our favorite refillable German markers from Neuland.
5 reasons to improve your visual literacy:
- Increase participation & engagement in meetings
- Improve meeting efficiency
- Communicate your ideas so they stick
- Increase alignment (get everyone on the same page)
- Help teams think differently about a stubborn problem
Day 1 Highlights:
- Enhancing your flipchart skills
- Easy titles that make an impact
- Lettering tips and tricks
- Developing a library of easy-to-draw icons
- Drawing people: Yes you can!
- Introduction to graphic recording – how, why, when?
- How to listen and draw at the same time
- How to “chunk” and cluster information
- Practice and coaching
Day 2 Highlights:
- Integrating visual thinking into your meeting agenda – how to begin
- Preparing posters with punch
- How to design visual templates for individual reflection
- Creating visual templates to support breakout group effectiveness
- 15 great visual ice-breakers that require little to no drawing skill
- Using visual tools to support participant engagement and participation
- A framework for integrating visuals into longer-term change efforts
- Tips for partnering with professional graphic recorders
- Practice lab and coaching
To bring this workshop to your organization, or to inquire about pricing, please email email@example.com.
“This workshop was an excellent experiential learning experience. Nevada used a strong blend of explanation and application to share her mastery and skill. She has a warm, encouraging and engaging manner.” – K. Goldman, executive coach and consultant
“This workshop changed how I think about designing meetings and increased my confidence in my ability to create visuals – before, during and after the meeting – to support learning and change when I work with teams.” – K. Rodriguez, Organization Development Consultant, ClearPath Communications
“It was great to see Nevada encourage everybody to step out of their comfort zones and build confidence in small successes and see the evolution of our work from the first exercise to creating a template on Day 2. I learned a lot!” – S. Spetzler, Genentech
“It was fabulous! Nevada is a uniquely creative and practical facilitator and instructor.” – J. Jackle, executive coach and faciltator