Team leaders, trainers, facilitators, and project managers who want to increase the effectiveness of the meetings they convene
2 days, 9am-5pm
Upcoming Public Workshop Dates:
September 17-18, 2019
This practical workshop introduces participants to visual tools and methods that will enhance their work with teams and meeting participants. This is a hands-on workshop designed to take learners from “I can’t draw” to “I’m a visual facilitator” in 2 days
Day 1 Highlights:
- Enhancing your flip chart skills
- Easy titles that make an impact
- Lettering tips and tricks
- Developing a library of easy-to-draw icons
- Drawing people: Yes you can!
- Introduction to graphic recording – how, why, when?
- How to listen and draw at the same time
- How to “chunk” and cluster information
- Practice and coaching
Day 2 Highlights:
- Integrating visual thinking into your meeting agenda – how to begin
- Preparing posters with punch
- How to design visual templates for individual reflection
- Creating visual templates to support breakout group effectiveness
- 15 great visual ice-breakers that require little to no drawing skill
- Using visual tools to support participant engagement and participation
- A framework for integrating visuals into longer-term change efforts
- Tips for partnering with professional graphic recorders
- Practice lab and coaching
Max class size:
Limited financial assistance is available, based on need. Please send a letter of interest to email@example.com to be considered.
By registering, you agree to our registration and cancellation policies. Please review before submitting payment.
What You’ll Learn:
- Graphically record a discussion in real time
- Quickly communicate an idea using simple icons
- Create more visually appealing flipcharts and posters
- Create visual templates that support individual or group activities
- Enhance agendas with a variety of visual tools and activities
For questions, or to bring this workshop into your organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I’m walking away with a whole new skillset after only two days – that is amazing! I feel so lucky to have been a part of this – it was a really special experience. I’m so excited to recommend this workshop!” – February 2019 participant
“This workshop was an excellent experiential learning experience. Nevada used a strong blend of explanation and application to share her mastery and skill. She has a warm, encouraging and engaging manner.” – K. Goldman, executive coach and consultant
“This workshop changed how I think about designing meetings and increased my confidence in my ability to create visuals – before, during and after the meeting – to support learning and change when I work with teams.” – K. Rodriguez, Organization Development Consultant, ClearPath Communications
“It was great to see Nevada encourage everybody to step out of their comfort zones and build confidence in small successes and see the evolution of our work from the first exercise to creating a template on Day 2. I learned a lot!” – S. Spetzler, Genentech
“It was fabulous! Nevada is a uniquely creative and practical facilitator and instructor.” – J. Jackle, executive coach and faciltator